Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

The most divine smelling cosmetics according to moi (and some smell like butterfly bush!)

1. Nuxe Reve de Miel Scrub



My all time favorite scent must be this scrub from Nuxe. It has a warm brown shade and smells of the most divine honey and milk, which reminds me of the rare and divine scent of the gods called butterfly bush. I have never in my life encountered a cosmetic with butterfly bush scent, but this one comes close.

2. Couvent des Minimes Eau Sereine



Second place is this line of products with a scent that I would describe as the scent of a swimming pool on a cool summer morning in the south of Franse, surrounded by trees. It like the best water you could smell, with just a hint of lavendel, linnen, chlorine, just... something that reminds me of the freshest water on earth.

3. Dove Silk



A scent that's been for sale for years in the drugstore. I discovered it through their amazing smelling liquid hand soap, but unfortunately they don't sell it anymore. It smells different now. To my relief, the original "silky" scent is still present in their shower gels. I find that this smell is what cashmere would smell like... absolutely divine. Words cannot describe the shade. If jewels, cashmere and mystery had a scent, it would be this. I believe one of the main ingredients is actually water lilly.

4. Maja soap



This classic soap instantly brings me back to my grandmother's bathroom. It's just so soapy, so marseille-ey, so olive-ey, so vintage, so lady like... I looked in the ingredient list to find anything special and the main ingredient is tallow (kinda gross), eugenol (which is said to smell a bit of clove) and oakmoss extract. That could be the reason why this soap smells so herby, woodsy and mysterious. The most soapy smell of soaps, and for a small price.

5. Yardley Lily of the valley



Anything with Lily of the Valley is a winner in my book.

6. Acqua di Parma Rose Nobile



If you know what real roses smell like (like Bulgarian roses or Parfum de Provence), you know they have a very unique and powderful scent that not many perfumes can capture. I took a gamble by going for this very single noted looking line by Acqua Di Parma, mostly drawn by the luxurious and tasteful packaging, and the high price, which could be a sign of quality. Well, I wasn't disappointed. When I sprayed it in the air, it was like smelling pure rose.

7. Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue



In the lemony, summery section, I'm still drawn to the cult product Light Blue, although it's a tad too heavy and dirty feeling for me because the fumes are really strong. But the scent is pure nostalgia because this was the first perfume I ever had and it reminds me of a time before the financial crisis of 2008... good times. I love that lemon-water-tropical flower-sex-jeans like scent of youth and vacation!

8. Bulgari Iris d'Or Perfume



I randomly tried this perfume once at the shop and was shocked, it was so different, so interesting. Warm yet flowery, like lilac, but less soury, or butterfly blush, but more soapy. After a while though I found a little too heavy for me.

9. Caudalie Eau Fraiche in Thé de Vignes



I love light perfumes, especually this crisp fresh flower water that absolutely reminds me of a wet rose garden in summer! It has an addicting mouth watering freshness to it that makes me want to keeps spraying it on. I recommend the scent Thé de Vignes, because I tried the Rose de Vignes, hoping to smell like roses, but it reeked! Thé of the Vignes is much better, and I love the name. The name suggest that, as a tea, it's not a strong concentrated scent but something like, steamy, sensual, like a scent rising from the vignyard in summer after a rainy night... mmm.

10. Cartier Baiser Volé Perfume



I bought this because it promised to smell like actual French lilly. Well, it did, after a while. The first thing you smell is garden center in summer, with heavy notes of greenery, those brown hydro grains they always put in their pots. An interesting natural scent. Then once the strong scent is gone, a powdery scent of actually lilly remains on the skin, seductive, delicate. What I don't like is the packaging, it looks like a lighter. I would package it in a beautiful lily shaped bottle.

11. Guerlain Meteorites



Guerlain Meteorites Pearls smell of Cape violet, mouth wateringly sour and floral, like the cape violet candy.

12. Badedas



13. Body Shop Shea Body Butter


This...again, words cannot describe it... it's nutty, but sexy,... Again something that could be the smell of cashmere, if it had a scent. I just don't know how to describe these scents that are pure sex and ehm cashmere. I have owned pure shea butter and it sort of smells of white chocolate, so let's say this body cream smells of white chocolate mixed with sex, cashmere, and nuts ;)

If you adore the forest, and you love the scent of pine woods in the early morning after rain, then this is a scent of you. Badedas makes you feel like you are bathing in a fresh pool in the middle of a pine forest.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar