Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

NYX Butter Gloss in Creme Brulee + Eclair | Review

NYX is a brand that has been on my radar for nearly the same length of time that I've been blogging, it started off as a brand that seemed so far out of reach as American youtubers raved about their products. However, over the past few years we've started to gain more and more access to the brand here in the UK and whilst it still isn't as popular as brands like Rimmel and Maybelline I think it is definitely one not to be overlooked. Big stores like Boots now sell it online and it seems to be creeping its way into shops gradually but for now I prefer ordering online so I have more choice.

I've loved and used one of their powder blushes for years but I'd never before tried any of the lip products until I saw them pop up on ASOS last month.

nyx butter gloss eclair creme brulee

nyx butter gloss eclair creme brulee

nyx butter gloss eclair creme brulee


Ever since the Butter Glosses first came out I've been wanting to try them so when I saw them on ASOS I couldn't resist ordering a couple of shades and I'm certain after trying them that I'll be soon ordering a few more! I picked two quite subtle shades to start off with, I am getting braver when it comes to wearing brighter and bolder lip colours but I know that I will always wear light pinks and nude shades more. I knew that I was definitely going to buy Eclair as it's the shade that has always appealed to me when I've read reviews but Creme Brulee was definitely a last minute decision.

nyx butter gloss eclair creme brulee

Creme Brulee, the first shade in both photos, it's the more subtle shade and like many of the butter glosses it has a very milky finish to it. I've heard mixed opinions about whether people like this or not but personally I love it and it suits my skintone really nicely and makes them easier to wear. The best way I can describe it is that it's a very 'your lips but better' colour but the milky and peachy undertones that also lighten it a little. If you are looking for a very natural look then this will work well for you.

Eclair is the more noticeable of the two shades when worn and is, as I predicted, my favourite out of the two as well. It has more pink and lilac undertones to it but also has that noticeable milky finish that I love. It's extremely wearable and it goes with anything really, it's one of the only lip products that I'm using right now especially as I think it is perfect for the upcoming Spring weather!

nyx butter gloss eclair creme brulee

The actual product itself has a very buttery and moisturising texture as the name would suggest and it doesn't dry out at all and neither does it leave my lips feeling sticky. If you aren't usually a fan of lipgloss because they often don't have an appealing texture then this is definitely the product for you. There are a whopping 26 shades available on the Boots website so you aren't exactly short of colour choice either! Both of these shades are very natural and light but there are plenty of bold shades to choose from that I'm sure would give you a lot more pigmentation as well. I find these last around 2-3 hours and I can imagine the darker shades would last a little longer, not bad for a lightweight lipgloss.

At only £5 each I don't think you can really go wrong with these, you can buy them from various places online but Boots and ASOS seem to be two of the best places.

Have you tried anything from NYX before?

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar