Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

PFW SS20: Elie Saab

Elie Saab - Strength in the Cape

There is one brand that consistently makes it to be one of my favourite runways of the season which is Elie Saab. Last season it was so glamourous and it just summed up the style I wish I could embody. Last season there were a lot of bows and feathers but this season they seem to have been forgotten for a slightly more subtle style. 

Picture from Vogue

Spring/Summer 2020

This season seemed to be more about volume and texture with lots of embellishments but not the crystal kind you would typically expect. Instead there are tons of eyelets detailing clothes, tassels and draping fabrics. In some of the details, like the necklaces and some of the shapes created with the clothes, there is almost a tribal feeling to some of the pieces. For example, some of the accessories in look 33. The outfit doesn't particularly support this idea but the accessories do.

Picture from Vogue


Some of my favourite looks used an almost patchwork print with lace and geometric shapes like the look in the first picture. Not only is the print simply gorgeous but the shape of the dress is truly what makes it. I love the low cut neckline, the cape like sleeves and the full skirt. I just think this whole look is stunning. I am no where near tall enough to pull it off but I sincerely wish I was. 

Picture from Vogue


I don't even know how to narrow this down to my favourite looks because there are simply so many of them. I am going to try narrowing it down but no promises. The first look was relatively simple as it is all black but I think the combo Elie Saab has created is incredible. It is a long line lace shirt, which is mostly unbuttoned and belted, paired with a simple pair of cuffed trousers, a low pair of strappy heels and a large sack bag. It is so simple, yet elegant. 

Picture from Vogue


On the same elegant lines, is a satin khaki jumpsuit with a built in cape. It is certainly a statement outfit, the type of outfit that would force everyone to look at you as you walked in the room. The model looks fierce and has a killer pair of heels to match. The shoes actually remind me of the Valentino Rockstuds. All I need is the outfit to match now. 

The end of the runway was the exquisite evening dresses I love to see on the Elie Saab runway. I loved each and everyone of them but my favourite was a black dress which was essentially a bodysuit with a glitter overlay on top and belted around the waist. I love this style of dress and it is the sort of dress that the high street simply cannot recreate and make it look decent. 

There was so much to love about the Elie Saab runway and it is definitely one that should be on your radar! 

Picture from Vogue


Based on This Show, What Should You Add to Your S/S Wardrobe?

The Cape is Back but not just any cape, the superhero cape. However, instead of contrasting to the outfits, these capes are made of the same fabric as the rest of the outfit and my god do they add power to the outfit. I can't say I would adopt this for my everyday style but it did feature in all of my favourite looks. 

Tribal Elements to your Jewellery. Much like Chloe last season, Elie Saab used tribal-esque jewellery and I am here for it. I loved the large gold cuffs used around the neck and the tops of the arms and in general there is big chunky jewellery. Could this be the end of danity jewellery?

Patchwork Fabrics. My Grandma is working on a patchwork quilt but it might be time for me to ask her if she could make me a dress. The patchwork like fabric of the first dress in this post was stunning. I love the combination of satin and lace, and the vibrant colours on the satin. 

Crystal Embellishments Are No More, Look For Eyelets. This is the first runway I am talking about which has a lot of eyelets but there will be another one later on in my coverage of Paris Fashion Week. Eyelets are the new details you need to be looking for.



If you want to see more of the Elie Saab Runway, take a look at the Vogue article: Elie Saab: Spring/Summer 2020

Check out some of my other Fashion Week posts:


PFW: Balmain
PFW: Chloe
Saint Laurent
PFW: Dior
MFW: Gucci

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar